Pour Over — Kalita Wave
Pour over coffees are a controlled, considered and frankly calming way to extract the best characteristics and flavour notes from a filter coffee. Our brewer of choice is the Kalita Wave; an indisputable industry favourite, designed with a flat base and 3 holes to allow for more extraction and a controlled flow rate.
What we're brewing:
Single origin coffees with bright fruity or floral notes can really shine when brewed properly. We’d recommend trying our delicious washed Kenyan coffee, Kii AA.
Recipe (coffee for one):
Coffee: 21g (select filter/pour over for pre-ground)
- Boil your kettle (to 97 degrees)
- Place carafe and brewer on top of your scales and tare to 0
- Add your Kalita filter paper and rinse with hot water
- Start your timer
- Add your grounds and pour 100g of water into the coffee bed to allow it to bloom
- After 30 seconds, slowly add another 200g of water into the coffee bed, pouring in a circular motion, aiming for a total brew time of 2:30 - 3:00 minutes.
- Rest for 30 seconds